I finally found a way to make kale that doesn’t require cooking. It’s a great salad for a hot summer day. Make sure that you mix the quinoa with the kale after it has been cooked.
Share your photos and adaptations with us!
Kale Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Yield 4 servings
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup chopped apple
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
For the lemon vinaigrette
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest and honey in a small bowl; set aside.
- To assemble the salad, place kale in a large bowl; quinoa, chopped apple, pecans and goat cheese. Pour the dressing on top of the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve.
Modified from Damn Delicious http://damndelicious.net